Thursday, September 6, 2012

Elegant Wedding Card and VCMP Challenge 9

I finally finished my last challenge (#9) from the Operation Write Home Virtual Card Making Party last weekend.  Shannon at Sharing My Work for OWH challenged us to use a neglected tool.  I used my heat embossing tool.  It has been a while since I heat embossed and the results turned out gorgeous.


This is a wedding card I made for the son of a friend.  I stamped the Stampin'Up! Mr & Mrs in Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink and embossed it with Zing Clear Finish embossing powder.  It gave it a nice shiny raised feeling.  I used the Stampin'Up! Apothecary Accent Framelit to cut it out.  The paper is Creative Memories Tie the Knot Addition (no longer available).  I used Our Daily Bread Stamps for the inside of the card.


Then I made a gift card holder from my new Close to My Heart Artiste Cricut Cartridge.  I found the idea on Diane's blog Capadia Designs.  She was one of the first blogs I ever started following right after I bought my Cricut.  This Gift card holder is on page 55 of the Artiste Cartridge book and is cut at 5 inches.
That's it for the Virtual Card Making Party Challenges.  I had fun doing them and created more cards in a weekend then I did all last month.
Happy Crafting!
Donna
You can visit my Creative Memories Website HERE.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is a fabulous card! The embossing does stand out! I like the Mr & Mrs too! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Donna - I love the embossing on the outside and the stamping inside. My favourite has to be the little gift card holder though - it's gorgeous and so much nice than any you can buy!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.