Sunday, November 4, 2012

Holiday Card Workshop Day 4

I am trying hard to get caught up with the Online Card Classes Holiday Card Workshop.  With each day showing at least two and maybe three card examples there is a lot to choose from.  This card is an example of coloring with distressed inks.


I started with a piece of 110lb paper but had to switch to Ranger Specialty Stamping paper.  I used Ranger Black Archival Ink and embossed with Ranger super Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder.  The red is Tim Holtz Festive Berry Distressed ink applied with a watercolor brush.  I used my Distressed Markers in Pine Needles, Antique Linen and Tumbled Glass to color the rest of the image.  The stamp from Great Impressions (c) 2006 the I picked up at http://www.123stitch.com/ in their clearance section.  You can get some good deals there.  I keep making these small 3x3 cards because I will use them for Christmas giving this year.

I also completed another Valentine card for operation write home using the example that Julie Ebersole showed us on Day 3.


I used the Cuttlebug Damask Hearts Embossing folder.  The hears are coated with diamond stickles and then Glossy accents is applied over them (can't take a chance on any glitter getting on our troops)!

Happy Crafting!
Donna
You can visit my Creative Memories Website HERE.

2 comments:

  1. The hearts card is beautifully embossed and so pretty, but that adorable pup just stole my heart! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your Valentine came out just beautifully! I struggled with that lesson but you rocked it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.