Sunday, March 10, 2013

OWH Sketch Challenge 163

Operation Write Home sketch challenge 163 is here.  Here is the sketch.


Here is my take on the sketch.

The rounded tag I used behind the bird stamps was throwing me off.  So I thought if I rounded the top corners it would look better.  Darn -- I had already glued the DSP to the cardstock so it looks weird because the DSP corners are not rounded.  Still I like the overall vintage look to the card.

Products Used:
Stamps:  Inkadinkadoo Butterflies and Birds (retired)
DSP Creative Memories Vintage Romance (only available in digital)
Creative Memories Expresso Cardstock 
Ribbon Recollections Lace on a Roll ( Michael's)
Ink:  Tim Holtz Distressed Inks in Tea Dye and Vintage Photo

Happy Crafting!
Donna
You can visit my Creative Memories website HERE.

14 comments:

  1. Vintage chic! That trim is SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! I love the lace with that pretty floral paper! Thank you for making a difference through OWH! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goegeous...love all the creams and browns~ tfs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those birds are so pretty in their vintage best! I love that lacy trim that looks like hand crochet! NJ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Love that stamp set and the papers plus that fabulous lace trim.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the vintage feel of your card and I really like the rounded corners.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty! great color palette & I love the touch of lace

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty- I have a hard time with vintage- you did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Donna, and such a terrific vintage feel to it. The stamp set is gorgeous and I love the touch of lace trim. Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very vintage card! Love the colors. Using lace must be in the air, I used it for some Mother's Day cards this weekend! Is dsp design paper? If so, how can it be digital?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Donna,

    This is such a pretty card. I'm with everyone else in loving the vintage look. My lone regret is that the stamp set is retired. TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really hard to believe that your dp is digital! It looks wonderful! Such a great vintage feel to the whole card, I especially like how you rounded the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, it's a beautiful card, very pretty, but I must confess, I'm a trim fiend and that "lacy" floral trim is just fabulous! I need to get out my trims and get creating. You've inspired me today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.