Sunday, April 6, 2014

12 Tags as a Card

I wanted to see how I could translate Tim Holtz April's 12 Tags into a card rather than a tag. (I did the tag in my last post HERE.)   I also wanted to play along at Words 2 Scrap By's challenge of "Shine Bright like a Diamond."   I also wanted to enter The Card Concept Challenge "Use a Butterfly Theme" in their Shabby and Vintage category.  Here's what I came up with.


Instead of using the Trellis die I used my Lifestyle Crafts Diamonds die. I then filled in the empty spaces with a Ranger Foil Cardstock diamond and some bits and scraps left over from a previous project.  The background is the same as what Tim used for his tag.  Here's the rest of the products I used for this:
Ranger Manila Cardstock
Tim Holtz Tissue Tape
Distressed Paint in Bundled Sage
Distressed Ink in Vintage Photo
Stamper's Anonymous Simple Sayings
Ideology Paper Stash Kraft Resist
Ideology Salvage Stickers (Butterfly)
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Prima Flowers
Diamond Bling from my stash.

Happy Crafting!
Donna



10 comments:

  1. Ooooh, Donna, this is so pretty and so creative! Love how you incorporated our theme with the diamond die and foil cardstock!

    Thanks so much for joining us this month at Words 2 Scrap By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the harlequin patchwork. I like how you stamped the words on the flower.
    You are really the "crafty colonel".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna , I love what you did with the diamonds! Kinda reminds me of the MIM I just watched from Papertrey ink. You are ahead of the game. Beautiful butterfly card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! I like the added foil mixed in with the diamond die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card looks fab, Donna! I didn't know there were diamond shaped dies on the market, I love the patchwork of scraps you've created with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always in awe at this particular card style...love the vintage look! I think you had a brilliant idea to use those diamonds too. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job. I love everything single thing about this one, Donna. Someone special should receive this one, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like Cathy, I also am in awe of crafters who can create such beautiful cards in the Shabby & Vintage Style! You defiinitely have a keen eye for design - every little element is perfectly balanced, creating a visual beauty! Stunning rich, vintage colors! I love the 'argyle' pattern and the sweet ticket corner sentiment banner! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at the Card Concept Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna
    Just playing catch up after a busy week.
    I'm not normally a vintage kinda gal but this is great. The flowers really soften the geometric lines.
    Have a great day.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done! Great detail using the die and the negative space, and a great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Words2ScrapBy.blogspot.com!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.