Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Club Scrap Reunion Blog Hop

Happy (almost) New Year Club Scrap blog hoppers!  Welcome to the Reunion Bloghop.  If you arrived here from Annette's blog you are in the right place.  If you arrived here from somewhere else and would like to start at the beginning of the bloghop, go HERE to the Club Scrap blog.

I subscribe to the Club Scrap Digital Kit, the Art Nouveau StampClub Stamp Kit,  Unmounted Borders and Backgrounds Stamp, and the Embellishment Pack.  

Due to the holiday bustle I only had time to make a card for the blog hop.




The large Collection stamp and the large Borders and Background stamp are perfect for coloring with markers.  I like to stamp with black ink and then heat emboss with clear EP before I begin coloring.  It makes it easier to color inside the lines.  I used distressed markers to color with.   I love the beautiful satin flowers that came as part of the embellishment kit so I had to use one on my card.  I backed the flower with the "bubble" stamp from the Art Nouveau Stamp Set.  


Thanks for joining us on the hop!  Next up is Wendy Bellino.   If you want to go back to the beginning of the blog hop go to the Club Scrap Blog here.  


Happy Crafting!
Donna

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty Donna - love card. Happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to emboss before coloring too. Love this stamp image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so lovely and beautiful colored.
    Happy New Year to you and your loved ones and may 2015 be a very creative one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card! Ahhh--coloring these images is so therapeutic, isn't it? I'm happy you were able to complete a card so you could hop along with us! Looking forward to more creativity with you in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm imaging that we all had tons of coloring books when we were younger. :) Now that it's not "age appropriate" to have them, we get to be artists instead! Absolutely love how this turned out- and I love your idea to heat emboss the image first to help with coloring. I've done that, too, and it helps so much with keeping everything neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG. Clear emboss before coloring. Brilliant. Why am I justt learing about this now! Bonus. This card is beautiful by the way. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card! The coloring is so bright and cheerful, just want anyone would want to receive! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore the way you colored the image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cheerful, happy card! I'm so glad you could join us this month. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heat embossing before coloring is a nice trick I'll keep in mind. I usually use that technique when paper piecing, makes it easier to cut really close to the lines without cutting off too much. I like the style of your stamp and how colorful your card turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and creative card! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.