Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Club Scrap The Blues Bloghop

Welcome to the Club Scrap The Blues bloghop.  
If you arrived here from Tricia's blog you are in the right place.  If you arrived here from somewhere else and would like to start at the beginning of the bloghop, go HERE to the Club Scrap blog


 I get my digital kit on the first day of the month.  When I saw the sentiment in the kit that said "Why yes, I do frequently burst out in song," my father immediately came to mind.  Here is a tribute page I did for him when he was a member of the "Sunshine Serenaders."  They went to nursing homes and performed songs for the elderly.  One song they always sang was The 3 Caballeros (Check out this link to hear and see the song performed by Donald Duck and Friends).    I used a blueprint from Pixels2Pages to start my page out.

Crafty Colonel (Donna Nuce), Club Scrap The Blues Digital Kit, Scrapbook Page, Pixels2Pages Blueprint

My Dad said that many times after a performance, a nurse or aide would tell them that people who normally did not respond to anything would perk up and sing along with certain songs.  That's why I love the quote "Music can change the world."  It has and always will speak to our souls.

Here's some cards made with the Club Scrap Stamp Kit that ships on the 20th of the month
.
Crafty Colonel (Donna Nuce), Club Scrap The Blue Club Stamp Kit, Cards
I like how the stamps can be used as smaller designs or left together as a larger design. I used Chipped Sapphire Distressed ink.  For the musical background I stamped it with Craft White ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I can see using this stamp set for some nice notecards for a music teacher end of school year gift.  

Sadly Operation Write Home will be closing down on 1 August and I will need to find another outlet for my numerous cards I love to make.  You can find out more about the Operation Write Home Finish Strong Campaign HERE.

Next on the list is Deb of Deb Duz Scrappin.  
If you would like to start at the beginning of the blog hop head on over to the 
Club Scrap blog. 

Happy Crafting!
Donna

16 comments:

  1. The lo about your Dad is precious! What a wonderful memory to preserve this way...the kit is perfect for it. Your cards are very pretty...and you're right about the stamps - so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards! I need to try the stamping with white ink and then embossing with clear. I love how that turned out on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout about your Dad and pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got a little teary-eyed when I read the story behind your dad's tribute page. That is beautiful! I hope to one day bring the joy of music to nursing homes by playing the piano. Gorgeous cards, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, your tribute page to your Dad is just beautiful. What wonderful memories. He sounds like a man I would have loved to know as I love singing. And the story of how he and his group sang to the elderly and it moved them so ... very moving indeed. Your cards are so beautiful too, love the navy blue inks on the white papers. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What special memories you have of your dad--and what a great service he and his friends did! I remember singing at nursing homes in high school and the way some of the faces just lit up. Music really touches our souls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun memory of your father and the layout really is the perfect tribute to him, and the power music can have in our lives. Your cards are awesome, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful page, Donna of a beautiful story.
    Nice cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful tribute to your dear Dad! So awesome, love it and thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story and project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely set, it's true, music can change the world, and it's a universal language. Super use of the kit and photos of your dad (love his colorful tie!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful tribute to your dad! This kit was made for those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely, happy LO! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna, I loved your journaling! Thanks for sharing such sweet memories. What a treasure. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed the stories of your Dad as much as the wonderful layout of him, pretty cards too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoed the LO and the story of your Dad! My mother in love has Alzeheimer's and music sparks their memory. Great cards, love the white on blue.,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. I read and enjoy all of them.